Eredun Lullaby
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olívía

Go down

Olívía Empty Olívía

Post  Ashkaar Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Originally posted by Olívía. Edited to be moved to its own thread. -Ash

Here’s hoping this is posted in the right place. The character name in game is Olívía (Note the accents for in game mail, full name IC is Olivia Highlaine). This is my second real RP character so I still consider myself fairly new to RP and the intricacies of the lore. That said I am happy to keep learning and have hopefully created a character suitable for this situation.

Olivia is aged about 25 and was raised in the Blackwalds in the south of Gilneas. She lived with her mother and elder sister in social isolation, learning magics from her mother allowing for a comfortable life amongst the wilds. These magics were predominantly of the ‘old way’ and there is some evidence that Olivia’s mother was forced into exile by the towns folk for being a powerful witch, there have been limited expeditions on the part of each of the women to Gilneas in the past. One such trip led Olivia to discover an old magical book in an abandoned satchel by the apple cart she was stealing from. This book detailed the intricacies of attuning to Fel magics and communication with demonic forces. She has studied this book for the past three years and as a result her aptitude for Fel has overcome her mother’s original teachings. The fall of the wall saw Olivia and her sister (who was by that point turned) evacuated to Darnassus. It was here that they decided to move on to human lands for some time before deciding upon a return home.

Upon exploration of both Stormwind and Ironforge Olivia noticed that she could sense the presence of the very magics she had be toying with previously. This has bolstered her confidence in the prospect of furthering her progression into the magic her mother could never teach her, this has led her to decide against a return to the Gilnean wilds. Olivia’s powers are weak, she can sense the Fel of other concealed warlocks but does not have the capability to know for sure who to turn to, she has become increasingly aware that the magic she studies is frowned upon. She does however know it is out there and seeks a master to teach her, to take over the role her mother once played for her in her education.

With regard to personality Olivia has been raised not to trust in people, that is except her own family. She knows little of the differences between the alternate forms of magic and as such associates magical powers such as those taught in her own family with trustworthiness; she is seeking a figure to trust in blindly and feels she will do this by finding a tutor of Fel magics. She is prone to holding a grudge and maintains a vengeful streak which has fortunately never been truly aired. She is curious and attracted to power; these traits caused her to turn her back upon the ‘old ways’ in favour of the limited teachings of a single book. She is fatalistic, believing that she was destined to find the book and is now destined to further her study yet she seeks control of the situation at hand.

Ultimately Olivia is new to the Alliance and to becoming a warlock. She is corruption spec and I very much like to prevent my characters becoming OP by following specs IC. I feel that this would in keep with her history as a ‘witch’ type of character, her having a bias in Fel magic towards creation of natural decay and sickness through corruption. I will probably RP some capability with poisons too to add to this. As I said I’m not overly confident with all the intricacies of the lore, I’m up for character change for suitability and all that jazz so feedback is definitely welcome. I hope you like the sound of Olivia though, ultimately I’d like to learn as I RP hence the apprentice role and hope that there is someone within your guild who would like to take part in this way. Other than that I wish you all luck with the guild and happy RPing.
Ashkaar
Ashkaar
Master

Back to top Go down

Olívía Empty Re: Olívía

Post  Ashkaar Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 am

Thank you for a great application, and for shown interest!
One of the officers or myself will contact you in the near future, for an IC-meeting.
May i also ask how you first found out about us?

Regards, Ashkaar
Ashkaar
Ashkaar
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Olívía Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Hey!
I found it on the forums, did a search for alliance warlock RP and you guys were mentioned a couple of times as being great RPers. I'll pop online tomorrow hopefully, although I will warn you that I'm moving this weekend so if I drop off the radar at all I'm not gone for good, just wrestling with the internet at our new flat.
Have a good one Smile

Olívía

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashkaar Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:56 am

Alright, there is no rush! We'll keep in touch Smile And if i dont talk to you before the weekend then good lucking moving house!

/Ashkaar
Ashkaar
Ashkaar
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashkaar Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Welcome to the guild Olivia! Smile

Locking thread.
Ashkaar
Ashkaar
Master